Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New 2011 Layout

So today I decided that I was tired of looking at the old layout. And then I started coding and playing around, and couldn't stop. So I spent about 4 hours on this instead of on studying for my Russian History test.

It has been almost exactly a year since I put up the last layout. Again, for the sake of keeping a record, here is my old layout:

Photobucket
[click for full-sized]

Even the profile picture was over a year old. Definitely time for a change.

This is also my first layout that has not been blue. Maybe the recent release of RED's album has gone to my head... regardless, I am a huge fan of the black/white/red color scheme.

I would love your feedback on this. It was somewhat hastily (and carelessly) done, so if there's a bug or a glaring error, please let me know.

Thanks for reading!
- Elraen -

5 comments:

Liz said...

amazing.
i'm always amazed by the beautiful ways you think up to make your blog sooo YOU. love the music notes.

MangyCat said...

It's beautiful, and I love the color combination as well. The gradient of red to black is flawless. I must admit that I miss the personalization of the photos that you had on the edges in the old layout. They were so colorful and expressed how your friends surround you.

A suggestion might be to add some of your original images from the various photo shoots you have done with friends.

Anonymous said...

*wanders around in awe*

NarnianWarHorse said...

It looks lovely!

I also agree with Mangy: the pictures were awesome... Maybe they can find a place somewhere?

Elraen said...

Hmmm, I totally didn't realize people were attached to the pictures. I'll have to consider how to incorporate some more. :-) Thank you all for the feedback!